anyway. pros and cons. i'm getting to that. i just don't know what to do. i think getting out and seeing things will help. maybe getting out and getting lost will be helpful. i have been looking at jobs and places to live, asking questions about neighborhoods and the area. i've never moved cross country, i'm not sure how to do that. do you take all your things or do you sell them? do you hire movers or do you bribe family members? how does this work? i'm not even good at moving 75 miles from corydon to des moines; how can i be good at moving 996 miles? ugh. i have no idea.
so here is what i have so far.
- i have a friend (and her family) in nc
- there seem to be many job opportunities in nc and i don't have a job
- moving would be a clean slate
- traveling home is just a day's drive or a couple quick flights
- the cost of living doesn't seem to be that much different than iowa
- there are more things to do in nc
- lots of opportunities to go back to school
- closer to the beach and i love the beach
- not nearly as much snow! the climate is much more temperate
- more sports opportunities. nascar, baseball, basketball, football - and these are professional teams, not farm teams. and that is a nice change.
- my family is in iowa
- i would miss my mom terribly
- most of my friends are in iowa and they're good to me
- i can find my way around in iowa; i have no sense of direction in nc
- leaving would mean leaving my doctors and my therapist
- i would have to sell most of my belongings in order to move
- i really can't afford to move and moving is expensive
- i can't understand a lot of the natives when they talk
anyone have any other ideas? any pros? any cons? anything i'm forgetting? any suggestions, any life altering advice? i'm open to just about anything at this point. i kind of just want someone to point in a direction and say, "go there, do that" and i'd probably do it. if anyone wants to step up, the position is open.
i'm going to go watch the oscars and wait for advice to come pouring in.