08 June 2010

All aboard the train of thought...

I think I would blog more often if I didn't suffer from such a short attention span. I have all these great ideas and I either forget them before I get to Blogger or I can't think of a way to turn it into a whole blog post. So I end up not writing at all and that is a big, blog FAIL. So instead of entertaining you with a single topic, I'm just going to talk. I blog I read calls this "stream of consciousness" writing. But I don't want to a be a complete thief, so I'm going to ask you to ride along on my train of thought.

Here we go...

This week, I become Mrs. Bee. For reals! A day I thought would never arrive, as recently as just a couple days ago, and it's coming up on Friday. The plan, you ask? Well, because we both strive to be as complicated as possible, we're having a small civil ceremony at the courthouse on Friday and then in a year (because next year, June 11 will be on a Saturday) we'll have a more traditional ceremony. The Bee has stated he would prefer a real wedding as opposed to the court-imposed variety we're partaking in this week; but in the last couple days he's said that he thinks we should renew our vows in Vegas and screw what everyone else thinks. I've had to restrain myself from pointing out that "everyone else" is really just "him" but whatever. So Friday, if you're in downtown Des Moines and you see a huge and uncomfortable preggo chick in an obnoxious black and white polka dot dress entering the courthouse, fear not - it's just me and you should do what everyone should do for someone that's getting hitched: offer your condolences and then offer money. Because that's just polite.

I kid, I kid. About the condolences, anyway. Money is always a good idea.

We have Netflix for our Wii. It's a great invention; I can find tons of kids shows to keep Brodie entertained when I'm off doing something uber-important, like scouring the pantry for candy that I've hidden from the Bee. And we can watch all sorts of movies, stuff we like, stuff we missed - not a lot of brand new stuff but that's what the Redbox is for. The drawback to the Wii is that a lot of the non-kid movies are the B-, C-, even D-grade flicks that didn't get any sort of hurrah upon release because, let's face it, they didn't deserve any because they SUCK. And what kind of movies does the Bee prefer? The movies that SUCK. Like right now, we're watching some crap about the Red Baron, who apparently had a massive head injury - his only endearing quality if you ask me. I happen to like the Snoopy version of the Red Baron much more, but my voice goes unheard if the movie has anything to do with war, guns, airplanes, military, boobs or Sylvester Stallone. Or any combination of these things. I do have to say that "The Red Baron" is a much better flick than "Ghost in a Teeny Weeny Bikini" and yes, that's a real movie and I'm not making that up.

We're moving at the end of the month. Have I mentioned how much I hate moving? Not recently; at least not for a year and a half but my feelings haven't changed.

Top ten things the Janel hates:
  1. Creepy crawlies, spiders in particular.
  2. Fish & peas, ughhh... (I like fish and I like peas, I just don't like them together.)
  3. People who think it's okay to wear navy blue and black together. (Come on, you look like a freaking bruise.)
  4. Baby snot. (I can handle all the other bodily functions but snot grosses me out.)
  5. Brussel sprouts. (It's the snot-like consistency that I abhor; see above.)
  6. Moving.
  7. Green Jell-o. (Think snot; see #4.)
  8. Dirty fingernails.
  9. The US Postal Service. (Not the Postal Service the band, they're okay.)
  10. Supermarket cashiers that read all the fine print on a coupon before they scan it. (Yes, I will argue over 50 cents. Try me, you stingy bastards.)
(This list is not all-inclusive nor is it an "all-time" list. This is what's on my mind. Tomorrow it will be different.)

Anyway, see? Moving rates between Brussel sprouts and green Jell-o. And that's not a good place to be. But we're moving from Ankeny to Polk City, which kind of seems backwards to me. We both like the place and it's more room for babies and Pootie and the Bee. I'm a tad concerned with the fact that there is no grocery store in Polk City but I suppose that will make me more efficient at grocery shopping and preparation. Or it will frustrate me on a regular basis when I find myself driving to Ankeny because I forgot something important, like Goldfish crackers or hair color.

I think that's all I have for now. I'm kind of tired. And I have apple dumplings to eat. (I made The Pioneer Woman's Apple Dumplings tonight and they are all sorts of AMAZING.) We're out of ice cream but I'll suffer and eat them plain because I'm a team player. YUM.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hi Janel,

I found your blog this morning when doing a search for "Polk City." I was very entertained by your post! Since you're moving to Polk City I wanted to invite you to visit my site, polkcitysquare.com. Its a site containing a calendar of events, business, clubs/organization/Church directory, and blog of things happening around Polk City. And if you sign up to get the weekly e-newsletter you get entered to win prizes! Anyway, I've bored you with too much detail already, but hope you'll check it out and hope that it helps make Polk City feel like "home." Oh, and PS, if you're free on Thursday mornings, a new Moms club called Polk City Playgroup is starting up. Send me an email (info@polkcitysquare.com) if you'd like to receive emails about it. Welcome to Polk City. And don't worry, we're not all so invasive :)

SOUL said...

well looky there-- a play group ! and all kindsa other goodies just waitin in polk city for the bee fam. awesome! you'll be meetin moms, and brodie pals, and coupon traders, and all kindsa other folks as soon as ya get moved in. can't beat that.

anyhow-- i know - sorry-- it's been forever since i been over this way. sorry bout that. but hey, looks like i came on a good day. you're gettin hitched. and it aint even a shot-gun wedding. i hope you all are very happy about this, and will remain so forever. that's the way it's sposed to be ya know. and it's up to you two to make that happen. i am one weird lady-- so if i can do it-- so can yeeeewwww.

best of luck with the new life as the bee fam. i really mean it.

and never forget-- you are the most rockin woman i have ever met in my life! you will get anything you go for -- i think you know that.

love you girl. kiss baby b for me k.