12 April 2006

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...


...a beautiful day in the neighborhood, won't you be mine, won't you be mine, won't you be mine, won't you be my neighbor?

It's going to be an absolutely amazing day today, and you know what I have to do? Well, technically, nothing. But I need to pay bills and do homework. Will I do it? Hmmm... I've been putting that off for a good two and a half weeks, and the homework has been calling my name for over a month. I just have no ambition lately.

No, I can't even say that's really the case, because I have all sorts of ambition for things that I can't talk about freely. I watched a segment on the Today show yesterday that talked about adults keeping secrets and how in some cases that can be healthy. It gets to be unhealthy when it starts to control your life and you start to be deceitful in order to conceal your secrets. Food for thought.


Yankee Stadium will be closing in the next couple years, at least the old, historical Yankee Stadium. We've got to get to New York. I've got to see Kyle Farnsworth in pinstripes once again, and if it can't be done at Wrigley, *old* Yankee Stadium is the next best place. That, and who wouldn't love to see a cleanly shorn Johnny Damon? Ooh, ooh, ooh.... :P

My pal Sue is bugging me to come to Dallas at the end of the month, for a reunion of sorts. I wonder who all will be there? Apparently Ms. Dolly Madison will make an appearance on her way to Hawaii, which could be fun. Dolly is a good time, but if I know Dolly and Sue, this will end up being at least a two-day trip due to my own inability to think clearly the following morning. Could be interesting.

No comments: