27 October 2009

I'm not afraid of the dark...

...and it's a darn good thing I'm not, given the amount of time I spend standing outside in the dark, in the cold, in the damp, urging a puppy to do her "business" - nevermind that the puppy has the attention span of a fruit fly and has forgotten that her "business" doesn't include chasing leaves into the street with me chasing after her.

Back that train up, you're saying. Puppy? Her? But what about Kingsley? How could you have abandoned the pootie? Fear not, dear reader. Pootie is safe and sound and probably sleeping in my spot in my warm bed. Nope. Suckers that we are (okay, sucker that I am), we are the recently adoptive parents of a cute but annoying bloodhound puppy, Eleanor.


Eleanor: Playful but untrainable.

But SuperJanel, are you crazy? Yes, dear reader, yes apparently I am. Because I responded to the Facebook posting titled "Puppy in need of a good home" and the bells went off in my head that we're a good happy home of two adults, an infant and a dog - why couldn't we provide for a puppy in need? And here we are, now a happy home of two adults, an infant, a dog and a puppy that screeches like a hoot owl being attacked by hyenas whenever she encounters something that she doesn't like. Good times.

She'll outgrow it. At least that's what I'm telling myself in order to feel a little better about a rash decision.

But friends, readers, strangers, poor souls that have happened across this page of mine, I offer up this plea: The next time you have a dog, a cat, a bird, a gerbil, a freaking washcloth in need of a good home - please remove my name from your mailing list.  Currently, I'm out of room and patience for even the cutest, the sweetest, the most inanimate objects.

...until the next one shows up. :)

No comments: